Senior Electrical Designer/Checker
ST. LOUIS, MO
I have a client located in St. Louis, MO that has an immediate need for an Electrical Checker working remotely. If you or anyone you know is qualified or interested in the position listed below, please click “Apply Now”
This position is with an MEP firm that is looking for a successful candidate to become a member of their electrical team to assist with design of Commercial buildings such as retail shops, restaurants, offices, and banks.
The requirements for this position are:
- Minimum, 5 years of experience as an Electrical Designer/Checker for Commercial electrical power & lighting distribution projects.
- Must be proficient in utilizing AutoCAD.
- Strong technical knowledge of Commercial building electrical system design and operation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proficiency with Revit is a plus.
Daily duties and responsibilities:
- Layout and design for electrical systems for power distribution, lighting, receptacles, and fire alarm in commercial/residential construction projects.
- Coordinate system scope, design layout and drawings with clients and other disciplines.
- Assist in the production of detailed drawings that meet customer requirements and local building codes.
- Checks drawings for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standard drafting practices and company standards.
- Performs detailed dimensional and bill of material checks.
- Checks for interferences, constructability, interdisciplinary coordination, maintenance access, client standards, and completeness.
- Performs additional responsibilities, as assigned.